Thursday, April 20, 2006

Get Revision3 Podcasts Early Without Being a Member

Ok, I'm a big fan of Revision3's podcasts. And my absolute favorite podcast of all time, Infected by Martin Sargent, is hosted by them. So when I went on to Revision3.com today to grab the latest episode, I was furious to find out that it was only members who could download it today. I waited for most of the day to see if it would become public, but the clock struck 4 and still nothing. So I decided to pay the $5 bucks and become a member. After all, like I said, I'm a big fan, and don't feel bad about donating a few bucks to a great organization (although I would rather donate to the 'Get Martin Sargent Back On TV Fund'). Anyway, I waited the 5 minutes it asked me too, and the site still did not register me as a member, so I did a little snooping, and found out that the members only podcasts are online and downloadable by the public. Being a member just gets you the link! So I copied the address of the previous show, changed the episode number and date to match that of the new show, and voila, I was infected yet again. (No, I won't provide a direct link, because if you want to do this, you can do it yourself!) Anyway, I'm sure that if anyone at Rev3 reads this, they will start changing the naming conventions for each new episode, but I wanted to make it public anyway. Consider it a security vulnerability proof of concept.

That being said, If you enjoy Revision3's podcasts, you should donate. I just hate the monthly system. I would rather donate when I want, and I will probably donate more in the future. But I wanted to be INFECTED now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry. I have nothing to do with the business side of things. Thanks for watching/listening, and for deciding that our meager show is your favorite podcast. Plus, poo.

Martin

G said...

Wow, I am honored to have The Martin Sargent on my humble blog. You sir, are a man among small furry rodents. And although those rodents can be cute, they do not have to cognative capacity to understand the utter brilliance that emerges from you mouth ever time you open it.

Seriously, thanks for the greatest podcast ever, and I can't wait for Ebaums World to air. WE FINALLY GOT YOU BACK ON TV BUDDY!!