Tuesday, January 31, 2006

TopDesk 1.4 - Cool alternative to ALT+TAB


Hi everybody. I haven't posted in a little while, so I thought I'd show this little app I just found today. It's called TopDesk and its a really neat alternative to ALT+TAB for switching between programs. When you hit a hotkey on your keyboard, or move your mouse over a certain hotspot, TopDesk will tile all your open windows and you can click on the one you want to see. You really have to try it out to see how cool it is. I haven't been using for too long, but it doesn't seem to hit the system resources too hard either. So take a look and post your comments here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

o hi new reader LOL um i was brosing for something like that but instead i found a powertoy that's relli light on the CPU. It's developed by Microsoft basically it gives u a bigger ALT+TAB screen and puts a preview on the side

G said...

That's not a bad find. I just tried it out. The problem for me is that it creates 2 entries for certain apps (Visual Studio) so to switch btw 2 of them, I have to hit ALT-TAB twice. Thanks for the tip though. If you ever read this again, would you mind telling me how you got here? I just want to know where my traffice is comming from.
Thx