Friday, December 09, 2005

GHackett's Crapplications!!

For my first real post, I want to talk about two things. What is the most common thing people do when they are bored? Watch TV of course! Thats why, a couple of months ago, I built myself a little computer with a dual tv-tuner in it, and tricked it out with the open-source MediaPortal software! It's the best HTPC (Home Theatre PC) software I have used, and believe me I tried a whole lot of em. Anyway this is not news. Anyone who knows anything about the HTPC community has heard of MediaPortal, and M$ MCE can eat it's bloated little heart out. Anyway the new I wanted to put up here is that I have written my first MediaPortal Plugin. (And yes it is relevant because I did it when I was bored!) Anyway it's called My Random Videos and it lets you set up playlist templates and the randomly generate playlists on the fly. But that's not even the news. The BIG BIG NEWS is that I have two whole people using my plugin. That may not mean much to most people, but to me it's pretty cool!

Anyway, enough of this shamelss advertising.

Stay tuned for new stuff.

No comments: