Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Transit Strike - Day 2

It's Day 2 of the transit strike here in NYC and I'm starting to get pissed off. At first I was on the side of the union, because the jobs are difficult and usually unsafe. I think that the transit workers deserve a pension at 55 and I think that the MTA is being more than a little greedy. And in a way, I am still on the union's side. But ya know what? IT'S THE MIDDLE OF FREAKIN WINTER (ok, i know it's technically the beginning but it's still about 15 degrees outside) AND I JUST WALKED TO WORK!!! Now I am one of the lucky ones. I only have to walk about 20 blocks, while some people that live in the outer burroughs have several miles to walk. Everyone has seen the pics of the crowded Brooklyn Bridge which is no short walk. But basically, I am no longer on anyone's side. I just want to damn trains to start running again. I don't care what it takes. Why the hell couldn't they strike in June? IT'S COLD OUTSIDE. Alright, I think my fingers have sufficiently thawed, so I'm gonna get to work. See ya later Bloggerinoes.

No comments: