Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Lion, The Witch, The Wardrobe, and some terrible acting

Here we are, my girlfriend has forced me to go see one of her old favorite movies, re-made by Andrew Adamson. Adamson's directing credits include only 3 other movies: Shrek, Shrek 2, and Shrek in the Swamp Karaoke Dance Party. And Narnia is supposed to be an epic?? The entire movie was just about 2 hours long, but it seemed like it was all just building up to the one big battle scene at the end (which, in the original, was done by cartoons). Anyway, the best part of this movie was, without a doubt, the special effects. The problem was, that's all it really had going for it. The acting performed by humans, was completely miserable. Peter was a punk, the older daughter was so *blah* that I don't remember her character's name, and I wanted to slap little edmund evertime I saw him. The only characters that did a mildly decent job were the little girl (who had plenty of cuteness going for her) and the beavers (same cuteness level) .

I guess maybe that I should preface this. I do not, generally get into movies of this type. I wasn't a fan of LOTR, and I despise Harry Potter with a passion. But I could still sit and enjoy those movies, as movies. Because I do enjoy watching movies (even bad ones) sometimes. But I could not sit through this. If I had not been anchored to the chair by my gf, I may have walked out (and for those of you who know me, that is not something I take lightly).

In my humble opinion, this, the first in an upcomming series of Narnia movies, was utter crap. And I do not think I wil bother seeing the rest of them unless they have a completely different cast.

Well, I'm done ranting for now. No, you don't have to listen to me. In fact you can post a comment, and tell me I'm an idiot with zero taste. But it's the internet and I have a right to say what I think :)

So long for now bloggerinoes,
Ghackett

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obviously, you need a gf with better taste. Get rid of her and keep the bunnies!