Tuesday, December 20, 2005

NYC Transit Strike - City Officials Are Complete Morons

Well I'm sure you've heard about it, no matter where you live, but us simple city folk have heard about nothing but it. The TWU is on strike. That means no subways or city buses. Now for me, that's not a big deal. I work less than 20 blocks from where I live. But the real problem here is how incredibly stupid the people that run the city are. They have decided that no cars will be allowed into the city without at least 4 people in them. As a result of this, not only are the train commuters screwed up, but so are the drivers. On my freezing cold walk to work this morning, I noticed that there were almost no cars on the road. So the city is loosing toll money as well as the $400 Million per-day. Now I understand that traffic would probably be insane if they let every car into the city, but maybe a two person limit. I mean c'mon. They're are no cars out there! And some random streets are closed off for no reason! I just don't understand the logic of it. Millions of commuters can't get to work, so why not throw off a million more. Anyway, that's my two cents.
Later

No comments: